Sprott Asset Management USA Inc.

SiteVisits

Ivanhoe - Kipushi, DRC - Feb 2017

Rick Rule and Andrew Jackson visited Ivanhoe's Kipushi deposit in southern DRC in February 2017.  The old Kipushi Mine is just 25km from the center of Lubumbashi, the commercial center for what used to be the Katanga Province.  So infrastructure is excellent. 

Ivanhoe holds 68% of the deposit with state miner, Gecamines, holding the remaining 32%.  Ivanhoe is operator and is currently renovating the mine.  It has been completely dewatered and much of the old equipment has been reconditioned and re-used.  Ivanhoe is currently carrying out a PFS study on the project with a view to producing 530,000t of Zn concentrate per annum. 

Kipushi's total resources (all Inferred) are 11.8Mt @ 30.5% Zn, 1.11% Cu, 0.003% Co, making Kipushi the highest grade Zn deposit in the world.  Drilling is underway to expand and upgrade these resources. The Big Zinc deposit is open at depth.

Click on the thumbnails for a full sized picture with caption.

 

 

 

The foregoing discussions are a result of site visits and are not to be construed as a recommendation, an endorsement or as investment advice. Sprott Asset Management USA, entities that it controls, family, friends, employees, associates, and others may hold positions in these securities, may recommend them to clients, and may sell the same at any time.

List of Galleries

The page you are about to view is not affiliated with Sprott Asset Management USA Inc. or any of its related companies.

Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, time horizon and liquidity needs before making an investment. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

Continue

You are now leaving sprottusa.com and going to another Sprott affiliate website.

Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, time horizon and liquidity needs before making an investment. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Securities discussed may not be a suitable investment for your portfolio.”

Continue